Svetlana Siberians sold me a sick kitten

Edmonton, Alberta 3 comments

I recently purchased a kitten from this breeder, Svetlana Siberians, due to allergies, I can`t go to my local SPCA in Calgary and just adopt a cat.

When I went to go pick him up, my kitten Bowser and his brother each had one eye that was watering and gooby. I asked about it, she said it was nothing, just a kitten cold, and was using normal polysporin in their eyes. Like we use on scrapes and cuts.

I also should have caught on, she kept the other kittens and cats in her bathroom, away from these 2 brothers.

I did not see the cattery.

So we chose one, paid, and went back home. I started using baking soda and warm water on his eye, hoping it was just a scratch from playing or it actually was just a "kitten cold". His eye seemed to get better, but not 100%. Then it was back full blown, off to the vet, the vet diagnosed him as having feline viral rhinotrachetis.(FELINE HERPES) We have no other animals in our house, so I know for a fact he caught this from the breeder`s cattery. His brother had the exact same symptoms,

I have emailed the breeder about all of this. And said his brother kitten is 100% and all of her cats have been tested for this, blah blah, she avoided most of my email questions written to her.

She also gave us a pamphlet, showing us their first sets of shots were done.. I am not sure if she went to a vet, or administered these herself, she didn`t answer, I have asked again, did they ever see a vet????

It isn`t just about the money.(Sure, it sucks with the added vet bills) but I don`t want this happening again. And I want to do something about it.

I want to make everyone aware, she sells sick cats. It is always nice to know what you are getting into so you can help them from day 1... not treat it yourself because you trust the breeder when she makes it seem like no big deal.

Good luck to everyone out there looking for kittens or cats, just do your research!!

Review about: Sick Kitten.

Comments

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada #686823

When was your kitten born? I picked up my sick kitten in early May from them

to Anonymous #777355

I bought a kitten at this breeder to, she is 5 months old now.We took her for her spay about 2 weeks ago, when the vet took some blood from her before the surgery, her blood would not clot, 2 test later we know she was diagnosed with a Coagulation disorder( blood clothing problem).

The vet did one more blood test this week to see which faxtor it is. She will be spayed just not sure if it will be done in our vet's clinic or if she has to go to Geulph the University for vetenarians. I send the breeder an email, and got a response that I wasn't really expecting. I just hope my kitty will be fine and that the blood disorder will not in time take her.

If she bruizes she can be bleeding without us .

knowing.I will never buy another kitten from the breeder, I would rather be on a waiting list for 2 years with a breeder who is in it for the kitty's not for the $$$.

to kittylover #786749

It turns out our kitty is fine after all, the vet did all the tests then ran one more that was at there cost, that came back negative of any coagulation disorder.I am happy to let you all know my kitty is spayed now and as healthy as her sister that also came from Svetlana Siberians.

Nothing but good reviews from me. Svetlana Siberians did get involved with this whole ordeal, and turned out to be a great support.

My claim is retracted.